Cheesy Taco Empanadas
Serve up these easy, Cheesy Taco Empanadas at your next party. Made with refrigerated pie crust and filled with meat and cheese flavored with McCormick® Original Taco Seasoning Mix, they’re the perfect appetizer for feeding a crowd.
- 30 min prep time
- 40 min cook time
- 178 calories
- 8 ingredients
24 (1 Empanada) Servings
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 package McCormick® Original Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 packages (14 to 16 ounces each) refrigerated pie crusts, (4 crusts)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper; cook 3 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add beef; cook and stir until no longer pink. Stir in Seasoning Mix and water. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cheese.
- Prepare crusts as directed on package. On lightly floured surface, roll each crust into 12-inch circle. Using 4-inch round cutter, cut each into 5 circles for a total of 20 circles. Reroll remaining dough scraps to cut 4 more circles for a total of 24.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of filling onto half of each circle. Moisten edge of each with water. Fold in half; press edge with a fork to seal. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Pierce top of each with fork to vent.
- Bake 25 minutes or until light golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature. Serve with desired toppings.
Serving Suggestion : Serve empanadas with assorted toppings, such as sour cream, salsa or guacamole.