Savory Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
Loaded with tender veggies, chicken, egg noodles, and the robust flavor of chicken stock, this hearty, homemade soup can be prepared on the stove top, or in your slow cooker or Instant Pot® … whichever you’ve got!
- 10 min prep time
- 20 min cook time
- 173 calories
- 10 ingredients
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons McCormick® Garlic, Herb and Black Pepper and Sea Salt All Purpose Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Turmeric
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 cartons (32 ounces each) unsalted chicken stock
- 2 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- Heat oil in large saucepan on medium heat until shimmering. Add onion, carrots and celery; cook and stir 3 minutes or until softened. Stir in Seasoning and turmeric; cook 30 seconds until fragrant. Add chicken and stock. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 15 to 20 minutes until chicken is cooked through and tender.
- Transfer chicken to medium bowl; shred using 2 forks. Set aside. Stir noodles into broth; cook 6 minutes or until tender. Return shredded chicken to saucepan. Gently stir in peas. Sprinkle with parsley to serve, if desired.