This easy recipe for weeknight pasta carbonara is just the right mix of savory garlic and cheesy Parmesan. Plus, who doesn't love bacon. Perfect for a family meal or a cozy date night in. Mangia!
- 10 minutes prep time
- 15 minutes cook time
- 267 calories
- 8 ingredients
- 1 pound (16 ounces) spaghetti
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Cook spaghetti as directed on package for al dente pasta. Drain well, reserving 1/3 cup of cooking water; keep warm.
Test Kitchen Tip: Keep pasta and reserved cooking water as warm as possible. This will help to temper the eggs, and make a smooth, creamy sauce.
- Meanwhile, mix eggs, cheese, garlic powder and salt in medium bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add bacon; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until bacon is crispy. Add spaghetti and toss to mix well.
- Remove skillet from heat and whisk in egg mixture; stirring constantly until eggs thicken. Gradually stir in reserved warm cooking water. Garnish with parsley and additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.